BELLSPIRATION CLUB - Katherine Meneses, Venezuela/Hungary: I want to be a change-maker! (Part 1/4)

1) Dear Kath, would you be kind and tell us who Kath really is, what she dreams about, what she likes, and what does she do? For the readers of the Bellspiration blog, introduce yourself, so we can all get to know you.  

Hello wonderful people! My dear Belma, firstly thank you very much for the opportunity to be part of this fantastic initiative that is the Bellspiration Club. Let us start with the basics 😊 I come from Venezuela located on the northern coast of South America, the only country in South America where Baseball is the most popular sport unlike football and where you can reach the beach only an hour far away from home just to drink the Caribbean ocean’s perfume with your lungs. I have a younger brother and I am married. I graduated in Human Resources Management from the Eastern University and in 2014, two years after finishing the University, I moved abroad, spending a couple of years working in Colombia but also traveling which gave me the opportunity to visit other countries around South America its cities and villages, as well as, learning about different cultures through the captivating human beings around me.

By the end of 2017, I moved to Budapest where I have been working as a Learning Coordinator supporting end-to-end administration of the local corporate training catalogue in EMENA regions. In my spare time, I create visuals for a catholic church in Venezuela to help them promote their programs, campaigns, religious activities, and biblical Sunday messages to increase their social media presence on platforms like Instagram (psantoniopaduacdb) and Facebook (Parroquia San Antonio De Padua). On a more personal side, I am a curious person who loves running, reading, traveling, collecting cacti, and listening to podcasts. I have a wild soul, as energetic as a hummingbird constantly on the go with an appetite for learning about new things that widen my knowledge, having goals motivate me, curiosity drives me, and being surrounded by high achievers inspire me. I also am passionate about people; it fascinates me the complex process of understanding their behaviors and what motivates them this is one of the reasons I joined the Toastmasters International Public Speaking Club and started the Motivational Strategies Pathways to learn the art of motivating others and becoming an effective communicator.

What do I dream about? Uuuff, I want to be a change-maker! I am a strong believer that changing the world is not only about reducing global warming but also helping people to discover themselves, getting emotional tools that will help them to overcome emotional breakdowns in order to live a happier, less frustrated, and more fulfilled life. I want to understand people’s motivations, the root cause of their behaviors, what inspires them, and most importantly I want to encourage them to get out of their comfort zone, stand out of the crowd and achieve whatever they want in this big puzzle called life. You see, in my opinion, each person in this world is a sub-world with its own system, beliefs, and culture If I can make a positive and meaningful impact on that sub-world, If I can help that sub-world to become a better version of him or herself, then I am already changing the world! 😊

2) What is "Success" by your definition and how to achieve it?

Wow, this is a particularly thought-provoking question! 😊 The way I see it, success is overcoming your fears even if it is confronting just one small fear each day, that is certainly something to feel proud of. Conquering a fear makes you feel invincible! I also think that success is believing in yourself; self-belief does not come naturally to everyone, so if you are able to tell yourself that you can achieve the goals in your plans, you are doing great. Finally, always doing your best and never giving up! What do I mean by this? Success can be achieved when trying your best in all aspects of everything you do, even if that does not lead to big results. If you have done your best, you should feel proud of your efforts. Sometimes things do not turn out in the way it was initially planned, however, in my experience, the keys are perseverance and an open mindset to challenge yourself in finding new options to achieve what you are pursuing, eventually, you will breakthrough and accomplish what you want, even if you fail it will also be an enriching growth experience. Once a friend told me: “Kath if you fail, make it a show and fail spectacularly” Since then, I try to make an impact in any possible way. Make sure you leave a footprint no because you failed but because you had the courage to not give up. To conclude, success can be defined in many ways. So, if you are experiencing happiness, love, or adventure at this moment, you have already found success. Keep it up!

3) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a member of the Bellspiration Club and for sharing your experiences with us in the coming weeks and inspiring us! What are your expectations from the Bellspiration Club?

Oh no, thanks to you! It is my pleasure and an honor to be part of the Bellspiration Club! I am very curious and eager to know more about the Bellspiration community, provide support in any possible way, learn and get inspired from the other club member’s stories and experiences.

CONTACT:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/kathymene/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/katherine.meneses1 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/katherine-meneses-50695a22/






Primjedbe