BELLSPIRATION CLUB - Sven Curiš, Croatia/Austria: Best is yet to come! (Part 1/4)

1) Dear Sven, would you be kind and tell us who Sven really is, what he dreams about, what he likes, and what he's doing? For the readers of the Bellspiration blog, introduce yourself to us, so that we can all get to know you :)

I’d really love to, dear Belma! In short, I was born a quarter of a century ago in Zagreb, Croatia, speak 4 foreign languages, lived already in 3 different countries and I have been involved throughout my life in education, sports, and music. When I think about everything I’ve done so far, I can tell that I experienced a lot of things throughout my life, but I still work on myself and do a lot of things, because the best is yet to come :) Currently, I work and study at Montanuniversität Leoben in Austria. I studied first and graduated with a Master's degree in Petroleum Engineering in Zagreb, but I wanted to further educate myself in this area. For this reason, I enrolled at the Joint International Master Program in Petroleum Engineering in Leoben, Austria, and in Moscow, Russia. Unfortunately, corona changed plans for my life in Russia, but you should adapt to the circumstances in the best possible way. Right now I’m in my final semester and I’m working on a project which is also my Master's Thesis. As the greatest success throughout my student life, I regard the win at a professional quiz for two years in a row at a student congress in Moscow, which my alma mater in Zagreb recognized and awarded the Special Dean’s Award. My dream is to find a good job that will give me the opportunity to travel the world and explore new oil and gas fields. Music also influenced my life path a lot and it is one of the favorite activities in life. I graduated from primary music school, where I learned to play piano and I sang throughout my student day in Zagreb as a tenor in the academic choir Ivan Goran Kovačić, which is regarded as the best amateur choir in Croatia. With them, I sang the best pieces of classical music and had great tours. I keep in my memory the most the travel with them to Israel and Germany, and the opening of the Dubrovnik Summer Festival. I even wanted to study singing at the Music Academy in Zagreb, but after failed attempts at the audition, I decided to dedicate myself to my profession. Currently, I don’t do music a lot, but I know I can always come back to it and enjoy it, whether that is singing or playing piano or ukulele :) When I was 20 years old, I started to play American football, a sport with which I fell in love in high school and my love for the game grew so much that I decided to play it. Football followed me wherever I went because I trained in that sport in Zagreb, Graz, and Moscow. This sport taught me discipline and made me take care of my body. I currently play at Graz Giants and my goal this year is to improve as much as possible in this team throughout practice sessions and excellent competition. They play in one of the best leagues in Europe. For me, it is a great thing whenever I step on the field and I want to do my part of the job the best way I can. The greatest achievement I made in this sport was to win the Croatian Championship in 2018 with Zagreb Patriots. From players who inspire me, the greatest inspiration is Tom Brady. As he is 43 years old and won his seventh Super Bowl recently, it is really incredible that he plays at the top level regarding his age. I wish to also transfer the knowledge gained here to Zagreb that the game in Zagreb and in Croatia improves as much as possible.

2) What is "Success" by your definition and how to achieve it?

Success is something that everyone needs to define for himself because everyone has his unique life and life plans. For me, the greatest success would be to win in life. This means having a good business life in my profession and an own family, where we would give each other support whenever necessary. Of course, I really appreciate my parents and my brother and I’m grateful for all their support and everything they provided for me, but it would be even better to get everything like this one day from my wife and kids. That’s what I imagine as a fulfilled and successful life. Above all, everyone should put in the work to become the best version of themselves, not only in the business aspect, but also physically, socially, and character-wise. To work on everything at the same time is difficult, therefore I recommend working on one aspect the most in some moments, depending on life priorities.

3) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a member of the Bellspiration Club and for sharing your experiences with us in the coming weeks and inspiring us! What are your expectations from the Bellspiration Club?

In a world full of negative and sensationalist news, platforms like Bellspiration club are needed that give the people inspiration and faith in themselves. I believe that each member of this club has a unique life story and manages to realize their plans despite the various obstacles that may be found along the way.

CONTACT:

IG: https://www.instagram.com/sven_curis_13/ FB: https://www.facebook.com/sven.curis LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sven-curi%C5%A1-941754198/

Primjedbe