SARAH STONE: Bosnian is a beautiful language, but boy is the grammar hard!

Redactor: Belma Skopljakovic

First things first, who are you?
My name is Sarah Stone. I am 21 years old and from Atlanta, Georgia.
I'm a senior in college. I love dogs, glitter, and all things cute!

What were some of the deciding factors when you chose to come to
Bosnia & Herzegovina for three months?
I met some people that had been to BiH. I knew that going to BiH was
an option, so I started researching the culture. I loved what I saw of
it, and so did my roommate, so we decided to come!

How did your friends and family react when you told them you
planned to come here?
They were excited for me! They didn't really know much about BiH, so I
got to teach them about it some!

What have been the challenges you have faced while living in
Sarajevo?
LANGUAGE. Bosnian is a beautiful language, but boy is the grammar
hard!

Is there anything you have learned, that you don't think you would
have otherwise?
Oh, tons of stuff! I did a bit of research on BiH before coming, and a
lot of my research was either wrong or outdated. I was glad to have
the firsthand experience!

How do you think being here for three months will help your future goals?
Coming to BiH definitely shaped my future goals. During the last three
months I learned so much about myself, what I'm good at, and how I
interact with people. It has definitely shaped what I want to do with
my future.

Any advice for the students who are thinking of coming to the
Balkans?
Come with an open mind! The Balkans are way different than what you
read in the media. You need to experience it for yourself. Also, take
time to learn the language. Not only is it a beautiful language, but
it is a great way to get to know people better!

The funniest thing happened during your life in Sarajevo?
I wore sandals in September, which I soon learned people do not
normally do. Later that day it started to rain, so I had to walk back
from BBI with no umbrella, and I was soaking wet. I stopped wearing
sandals after that! :D 

Thank you so much for the interview! 
 I love you so much, Belma! Best of luck with your blog. You're

wonderful :) 

Primjedbe