BELLSPIRATION CLUB - Heather Shemery: I always just let that restless spirit guide me wholeheartedly in the direction of "why not?" (Part 1/4)

 

1) Dear Heather, your courage, kindness, and wisdom are far recognized and felt. For the readers of the Bellspiration blog, introduce yourself to us, so that we can all get to know you. Who is Heather, what does she do and what does she like?

Hi there! I am so flattered by your kind words! I am currently a high school biology and chemistry teacher at an international school in Saudi Arabia. I teach girls specifically and I find great joy in this opportunity to really empower the future women who come through my class. I work really hard to fill as many opportunities as possible with an effort to get to know my girls and really challenge them while offering as much loving support as possible.

Aside from my job, I enjoy eating really good food, spending quality time with people I cherish and finding new adventures and new places to travel.

My background is really all over the place it seems! I have a bachelor's degree in cultural studies, a minor in biology, and a master's degree in nutrition. I have a certification in teaching English, 6-12 biology, and yoga. I've spent time working as a nutrition educator and as a crisis counselor/mental health educator. Really, I just have spent my time piecing together a lot of things I enjoy and trying to form a life that really melds the things I'm interested in!

2) What is "Success" by your definition and how to achieve it? 

I really think my idea of success is something that is constantly evolving. I am always looking for what the next opportunity is and how I can chase that new definition. Right now in the midst of the world around us, success looks a lot like staying as physically healthy and as mentally strong as possible in spite of ever-changing circumstances. Truthfully, I feel successful when I have solid relationships with people built on mutual respect and kindness. I feel successful when I have a goal I am actively working towards. I feel successful when I'm trying new things and learning new things. I feel successful when I feel curious about life and what it can be.

I get restless easily and so I always just let that restless spirit guide me wholeheartedly in the direction of "why not?" Why not try the new thing? Why not redefine success?

3) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a member of the Bellspiration Club and for sharing your experiences with us in the coming weeks and inspiring us! What are your expectations from the Bellspiration Club?

I feel honored and so overjoyed to be a part of this amazing opportunity! I hope that something about my crazy journey can really inspire someone but even more, I am excited to get to learn from others who are a part of this!

4) Follow Heather:

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hmoshem/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shemeryh


Belma and Heather 
BLOGGERS-FRIENDS


 

Primjedbe