BELLSPIRATION CLUB - Burak Gün: Desire of achieving the entire potential has key importance in our lives! (Part 1/4)


1) Dear Burak, you are a very special soul to me... But who is really Burak, what does he dream about, what does he like and what does he do? For the readers of the Bellspiration blog, introduce yourself, so we can all get to know you.

Hey Belma! Thank you for your kind words. Well, I am Burak and a senior International Relations student now, at Galatasaray University in my own city, Istanbul. Beyond my studies, I am an IR & Diplomacy enthusiast, and a wannabe diplomat. That’s been my dream for years now, and I am still preparing for a possible diplomacy career after my graduation in a few months. Apart from this semi-professional background, I am quite into traveling, discovering new cultures, and learning. Especially the latter is a serious motivation of mine in many areas of life; not only learning academic stuff, languages or to play an instrument, but also new cultures, traditions, and places. I always considered this as an important motivation for a young person in order to widen their perspective, and this is exactly what I’ve been trying to do. That’s why I don't content myself with just the information we may get from books or the internet, but I try to leave my comfort zone from time to time in order to hear first-hand. Despite mostly being a man of status quo and sticking to my principles, I also challenge myself in this regard because I also know that one would be worse off in the long run with constantly rejecting the change. So, to sum up, I really like interaction and learning.



2) What is "Success" by your definition and how to achieve it?

Well, I already think that its denotation is quite good: accomplishing an aim or purpose. But here it brings another question to us: what is, or what should be one’s aim or purpose? I think this part is more personal, and here diverge our perceptions of success, here the concepts we have in our minds ramify. For me, the word “success” has always positive, motivating, and encouraging connotations such as relief, happiness, and self-esteem. In my humble opinion, these are indispensable for us in regard to “self-actualization”, which is also a life goal of a human being. This may sound a bit Maslowian, but I indeed believe that self-actualization, that desire of achieving the entire potential has key importance in our lives, and is of great importance. Long story short, I believe that the latter and success are indissociable, and complete each other. Thus, in order to achieve it, I am in favor of adopting a hard-working band disciplined way of life.



3) Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a member of the Bellspiration Club and for sharing your experiences with us in the coming weeks and inspiring us! What are your expectations from the Bellspiration Club?

Thanks to you! It is my pleasure to be a part of it. Well, I am eager for more questions from you, as I’m terrifically excited about the weeks to come! Meanwhile, I’ll keep reading my fellow friends' words, and get inspired too!


4) Follow Burak:


Fb: https://www.facebook.com/bgsurm

IG: https://www.instagram.com/burakgun23/

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/burakgun/

Twitter: twitter.com/burakguncp




Primjedbe