BELLSPIRATION CLUB - NIKOLA ĐORĐEVIĆ: Officially for the Bellspiration, I announce that I have my book ready! (Part 2/4)

 


1) You are one of my favorite poets because you write so beautifully about love and emotions. Can you bring us closer and describe what happens in a poet when he turns emotions into verses? Is it some kind of magic?

Primarily, thank you! It’s my honor to be your favorite poet. I believe that it’s part of the magic, I also believe that it is also something that is in me, something that was brought to me at birth with the blessing and magic that I have to keep and nurture. I believe that my task is to do what I do. Sometimes I even say, I don’t write, I just explain to some people that they are not alone and lonely. At the same time, I come to other people who may have needed to hear a nice word from someone they have never seen in their lives. I believe and agree with you, that is the magic I have in me.

2) Many generations in our Balkans have grown up with the belief that men must not cry, that showing emotions is a weakness, that it is hard to say "I love you", etc. But there’s nothing nicer than having a young guy like you write just about feelings. What do you think about our mentality? Is that changing slightly?

I think it’s up to the parents but at a later age, it’s up to ourselves too. Every time I cried, I remembered my father's sentence, "Boys don't cry." I think it's important to be aware of the part of ourselves - it's okay to cry. If it's okay to laugh with happiness, it's okay to cry with sadness. Of course, if we go deeper into this topic, we can say that it has to do with upbringing. Upbringing is what we teach children, but it is also everything that a child sees, how parents talk, how friends play, how the world works. We are children and we are like a sponge. Of course, when we are told as little boys that we should not cry, we take it seriously. Maybe some of us even think they are cowards, weak or miserable if they cry, it is normal to have that thought for once. I thought so as well.

I think that's where the upbringing ends and that's where we move on. One day we will break down, cry and be happy. I always told myself that I had the right to cry. I even feel better when I cry. It is better to cry than later because of repression, to turn sadness into anger, aggression, or anything that can badly affect others, but also ourselves.

In short, cry when you need to cry. Rejoice when you feel good. 


3) Do you currently have specific plans as a writer - will you publish a book soon?

Oh, yes! Oh, yes! I have it saved. Let this be official for Bellspiration, I have my book saved. I have everything I need for a book. All all all! But I'm not ready. I work right now, I help friends with their jobs, I spend time working on myself. I don't think I'm ready. It will come to me when I am ready and when I want to take that challenge more seriously. Not to make this year bad, it started well for me, the book would already be the icing on the cake, the cherry on top, but let's not rush! No worries, one of the first copies will arrive at your address!

4) Can you share some tips and messages for young writers in the beginning who are still unsure to share their written works publicly?

Write And just write. Fall in love with everything you would love to fall in love with. Give yourself time to start loving the way you write on. I needed that. I often watched my writing and I didn't like it, but it brought me to this now. Learn to write automatically, helped me. I don't want it to sound pretentious, but write to me, I'll be happy to read it. I am often contacted by people who write to look at their work. First of all, that is a great honor for me. SOMEONE WANTS TO LEARN FROM ME. It is still something beautiful and fascinating and also a  great responsibility for me. If there are writers among your readers, I am here to help if I can.

And finally, read to your mom or your grandma, there is no one who will be bigger support than them.



Primjedbe