BELLSPIRATION CLUB - Burak Gün: Sometimes we get obsessed with our tasks and lose our health or people who are important to us! (Part 4/4)


1) Can you share with us what you have learned from your life experience so far, and what you consider very important for a peaceful, happy and successful life?

Oh, this is indeed a hard one to answer! Obviously, health above all… It matters more than anything else at the end of the day. Plus, the presence of loved ones is also quite important thing. When I say presence, it’s not only physically, but also emotionally: even if you are in far countries or cities, a call may be a reason for warming your heart — or even without a call, knowing that your loved ones are fine, healthy and happy; this is something boosting your internal peace and happiness too! As a third factor for overall happiness, I’d say a nice working (or studying) environment. Work or studies are where we spend most of our time, so a nice, respectful and positive atmosphere is super important in this regard. I think these are all together contributing to the success… Success itself is an accomplishment (of an aim), but a successful life means that a combination of accomplishments, thus realizing the factors I’ve just listed: managing to stay healthy despite everything, to have people that you dear and cherish, and to spend the most of your time with decent people as well as things that you enjoy doing. And returning to the initial question after answering the second, I learnt that these conditions are musts, as pillars of a good life. Sometimes we get obsessed with our tasks and objectives, and even lose our health, people who are important to us (or hurt them, which is no better), spread negativity around… This should be avoided as much as possible, even to the risk of failing in something. One only failure can be handled over time with hard work, if not easily; however, turning life into a total failure is something irreparable.

2) What is your inspirational message for all of us?

I think my answer here wouldn’t be very different from my previous answer, but with my all due respect to the different lives, struggles, and challenges people face, which may be harder than mines, my humble recommendation would be prioritizing health, securing the well-being of yourself as well as the people who are precious to you, and being a source of positivity alongside seeking it — these are more likely to bring a successful life than minor or ad hoc successes. All in all, making a success out of your life is better than contenting yourself with small illusions of success, huh?

3) The Bellspiration Club is ending the third month of its work. What do you think of this club after a month of promotion? What do you think about Bellspiration in general and its goal of promoting the work and deeds of young people?

Actually, I’ve never seen such an initiative neither in my country nor in other countries I’ve lived in. So, I consider this as a pioneering step, which is going quite successfully so far! Personally, I read many stories of other young people around the globe and felt kinda touched by their respective stories. I knew new people, hopefully, will meet them in person too once all this virus madness ends! So this was the personal impact of Bellspiration on myself, and I am sure that I am not alone in this. To what extent we are inspired, that’s obviously something subjective, but I firmly believe that all your readers do have more or less similar feelings. I can only ask for keeping up with the great work!

4) If you want to say and share something else, you can write it here!

I would like to say a huge thank you to the people who read the story till here, and kindly invite them to reach out on my social media accounts — I’d be tremendously happy to meet people who considered my words worth-reading, and this interview worth-following until here. Also, a thank you to you, dear Belma, for making it possible. I am very happy to be a part of Bellspiration, and will stay as a loyal reader from now on!

Primjedbe